With this plugin you can control some elements of sending emails through WordPress mailer (wp_mail function). You can adjust from name and email and avoid potential problems some mail server have with generic email sender WordPress generates.
If you want to use SMTP server to send emails, with this plugin you can easily set GMail or Yahoo servers or any custom SMTP server. And you can test the email settings by sending test email.
Direct support for different SMTP Servers
Plugin supports many popular SMTP servers that can be used with valid account. You don’t need to know server address, or port, just your username and password for selected service.
List of directly supported SMTP servers
GMail SMTP server
Mail.com SMTP server
GMX SMTP server
Zoho SMTP server
Yahoo SMTP servers (.com, .co.uk, .de, .au)
Outlook / Live / Hotmail SMTP servers
1and1 SMTP servers (.com, .de)
O2 SMTP servers (.ie, .uk)
Change default name and email for sender
By default, WordPress uses auto generated sender name and email. In most cases it is recommended to use your own values for both, and since WordPress doesn’t have options to set it, you can use this plugin for that. All emails sent by WordPress use these sender values.
Other Plugin Features
Very simple and fast to setup
Support for any SMTP server
Test for OpenSSL needed for SSL/TLS
Send email to test server settings
Export and import plugin settings
Plugin will work with WordPress 3.2 and newer. On server side, you must have PHP OpenSSL Extension active (most server already have it) if you want to use secure SMTP servers.
There is no guarantee that this plugin SMTP modifications will work with every server or hosting company. For PHP to send emails through secure servers (SSL/TLS), you need OpenSSL extension installed. Plugin tests for that. If it is missing, you must consult your hosting company about it. In some cases your ISP can block off some servers to be used for SMTP due to spam concerns, and it can fail during tests. Always make sure to test your settings on the live server, to make sure all is OK. Localhost tests can fail due to ISP rules.
average based on ratings.
- Smart Security Tools: Firewall Addon - May 23, 2016
- Smart Security Tools: reCAPTCHA Addon - May 22, 2016
- Smart Sitemap.xml Tools - May 21, 2016
- Smart Market Shortcodes - May 21, 2016
- Smart QR Codes Generator - May 21, 2016
- Smart Security Tools: Live Monitor Addon - May 21, 2016
- Smart Security Tools: Login Limit Addon - May 20, 2016
- Smart Robots.txt Tools - May 20, 2016
- Smart Video Playlists - May 20, 2016
- Smart Sidebars Slider - May 20, 2016
- Smart Audio Playlists - May 20, 2016
- Smart AJAX Subscribe: Integration Addon - May 20, 2016
- Smart Posts Tagger - May 20, 2016
- Smart AJAX Subscribe - May 20, 2016
- Smart bbPress nVerify - May 20, 2016